The Social Security Administration (SSA) allows individuals to create an online account called My Social Security Account for enhanced convenience and quick access to records. This account was created for those who receive Social Security benefits or who are covered by Medicare. The following are some of the things that a My Social Security Account can be used for:
- Obtain a letter verifying your benefits
- Verify your details, including your earnings record and potential rewards.
- Modify your phone number and mailing address
- Establish a direct deposit or modify an existing direct deposit
- Submit an application for a replacement Medicare card.
- Purchase substitute tax documents, such as an SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S.
- If you’re being compensated with Social Security disability benefits, you must report all earnings.
If you want to make a My Social Security account, you’ll need to provide basic personal information and data and then create a user name and password, which you should store securely to prevent unauthorized access.
Make an appointment with a Social Security attorney.
If you are considering applying for Social Security disability benefits, you should speak with a local Social Security attorney. An attorney can make a major difference in your case and considerably improve your chances of success. Request your complimentary case evaluation today! You have absolutely nothing to lose.