Salina, Kansas Social Security Disability Office Locations Are Listed Below
Social Security Disability Office Near Salina, Kansas
- Smoky Hill Social Security Disability Office
- Smolan Social Security Disability Office
- New Cambria Social Security Disability Office
- Elm Creek Social Security Disability Office
- Cambria Social Security Disability Office
What Medical Conditions Qualify For Long Term DisabilityIf you have one of the following medical conditions, please click on the disease's name for full information on symptoms, diagnoses, and SSA disability requirements for that condition. Additionally, you can complete a no-cost evaluation form to determine your eligibility. The following conditions qualify for SSDI and SSI:
- Cardiovascular System Heart conditions such as hypertension, heart failure, and blood clots.
- System Digestive Disturbances of the digestive tract, such as Crohn's disease and hepatitis.
- Endocrinology Conditions affecting the hormone-secreting glands, such as Thyroid Disorders and Obesity.
- Impairments to the Genitourinary System Impaired reproductive organs and urinary system, including those that require dialysis, such as Renal Disease.
- Disorders of the Blood Chronic Anemia and Sickle Cell Disease are examples of blood disorders.
- Disorders of the Immune System Immune system disorders, such as HIV and lupus.
- Diseases that are malignant or neoplastic This applies to a variety of types of cancer, including breast and prostate cancer.
- Mental Disabilities Psychological disorders such as Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Schizophrenia.
- Multiple Impairments to the Body Systems Multiple-system disorders, such as Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.
- System musculoskeletal Musculoskeletal and skeletal conditions, such as herniated discs and degenerative disc disease.
- Neurological Complications Nervous system disorders, such as Cerebral Palsy and Epilepsy.
- System of Respiration Asthma and Lung Infections are conditions that affect the lungs and the exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide.
- Disorders of the Skin Skin problems, such as cellulitis and hidradenitis suppurativa.
- Special Sensibilities and Language Visual and auditory impairments, such as hearing loss and vision loss.
Common Salina, Kansas Disability FAQ’s
How Do I Qualify For Social Security Disability?You must first have worked in jobs covered by Social Security in order to be eligible to apply for Social Security disability benefits. In addition to the work requirement, you must also have a medical condition that meets the SSA definition of disability. Basically, the SSA will pay monthly benefits to individuals that are unable to work for over a year because of an accepted disability.
How Much Do I Need To Work To Qualify For Disability?The number of work credits you need to qualify for disability benefits depends on your age when you become disabled. You need 40 work credits, 20 of which were earned in the last 10 years ending with the year you become disabled. The Social Security Administration bases work credits on your total yearly wages or self-employment income. You can earn up to four work credits each year. For more information on whether you qualify, read our publication; How You Earn Credits.
How Does The SSA Define Disability?The Social Security Administration only pays for total disability. No benefits are payable for partial disability or for short-term disability. Under Social Security rules you are considered disabled if:
- You cannot do work that you did before;
- The SSA decides that you cannot adjust to other work because of your medical condition(s); and
- Your disability has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
How Does The SSA Decide If I'm Disabled?If you meet the work credit requirements the SSA uses a step-by-step process to answer five questions.
- Are you working?
- Is your condition "severe"?
- Is your condition found in the list of disabling conditions?
- Can you do the work you did previously?
- Can you perform any other type of work?
- Can I receive SSI and SSDI benefits at the same time?
- How do Salina, Kansas Military Retirees or VA disability benefits affect eligibility for Social Security Disability Benefits?
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) vs Supplementary Security Income (SSI)
- What is The SSDI Application Process?
- What types of Income Might Impact My Disability Claim?
- What is the Bluebook used by the SSA, and how does it work?
- How do I apply for benefits if I am over the age of 60?
- Where can I locate a Social Security Office in Salina, Kansas?
- What Are the SSDI Eligibility Requirements?
- How likely am I to qualify for Social Security disability benefits?
- Are any disabilities pre-approved for Social Security?
- In what ways can my claim be impacted by my financial situation?
- What Qualities Make a Good Salina, Kansas Disability Attorney?
- If I don't meet a Blue Book listing, how can I Qualify?
- Does working part-time in Salina, Kansas still qualify for Disability Benefits?
- If I don't speak English, can I still qualify for Disability Benefits?
- Do I Qualify if My Doctor Says I'm Disabled?
- What are the eligibility requirements for Social Security Disability?
- What conditions qualify you for SSI?
- Are Non-Citizens in Salina, Kansas Eligible for Disability Benefits?
- How much does a Social Security death benefit pay out?
- Should I take an early retirement or file for Social Security disability?
- Is it possible for someone who visits a rehabilitation center in Salina, Kansas to qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance?
- Can I receive Social Security disability benefits if I am homeless in Salina, Kansas?