Do Not Sell My Information
Important information for California residents
This section applies only to California residents. It describes how we collect, use, and share the Personal Information of California residents in operating our business, and their rights with respect to that Personal Information. For purposes of this section, “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) but does not include information exempted from the scope of the CCPA.
Your California privacy rights. As a California resident, you have the rights listed below. However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases, we may decline your request as permitted by law.
• Information. You can request the following information about how we have collected and used your Personal Information during the past 12 months:
o The categories of Personal Information that we have collected.
o The categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information.
o The business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling Personal Information.
o The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information.o Whether we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
o Whether we’ve sold your Personal Information, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
• Access. You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
• Deletion. You can ask us to delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
• Opt-out of sales. If we sell your Personal Information, you can opt-out. In addition, if you direct us not to sell your Personal Information, we will consider it a request pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light” law to stop sharing your personal information covered by that law with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
• Opt-in. If we know that you are younger than 16 years old, we will ask for your permission (or if you are younger than 13 years old, your parent’s or guardian’s permission) to sell your Personal Information before we do so.
• Nondiscrimination. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination in the form of legally prohibited increases in the price or decreases in the quality of our Service.
How to exercise your rights
You may exercise your California privacy rights described above as follows:
Right to information, access, and deletion. You can request to exercise your information, access and deletion rights by filling out our contact form and describing your request.
We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly or do not have complete information.
Right to opt-out of the “sale” of your Personal Information. Like many companies, we use services that help deliver interest-based ads to you. Our use of some of these services may be classified under California law as a “sale” of your Personal Information to the companies that provide the services because they collect information from our users (e.g., device data and online activity data) to help them serve ads more likely to interest you. You can request to opt-out out of this “sale” of your personal information here: disability.help/contact/
We reserve the right to confirm your California residence to process your requests and will need to confirm your identity to process your requests to exercise your information, access or deletion rights. As part of this process, government identification may be required. Consistent with California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government-issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government issued identification. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it.
Disclosure or Sale of Personal Information. We have not disclosed or sold Personal Information about California consumers to third parties for business and commercial purposes in the last 12 months. We do not knowingly collect or sell the Personal Information of persons under 16 years of age.
This was last revised and is effective as of [10/25/2021].